AFO carbon custom PDE available in New Zealand
Custom-made ankle-foot orthosis (AFO) from carbon fiber may feature unilateral design, due to which it fits easily in the patient’s shoe even when strong medial-lateral control of foot and ankle complex is required. In addition, carbon fiber footplate creates the “spring effect “at the fore-foot, enhancing gait performance greatly.
- extremely light
- extremely strong
- can be used during sporting activities
- low profile
- ankle injuries and fractures where limited ROM is needed
- post op
- post fracture
- drop foot secondary to neurological pathologies
- foot and calf extensors after operation
- ankle arthritis
All models are made of carbon fiber or combination of it with composite materials. Therefore, the orthoses are solid, very light and functional. One of the main advantages of the articles from carbon fiber is that after they undergo technological treatment, a “spring” effect is obtained, which facilitates walking to a great extent.
Comfort and great look
The models are adapted to the same size of footwear usually worn by the patient and owing to thin structure they are barely visible under clothing. A strap system allows fastening the orthoses to the calf with just one hand. As the particles are made of carbon fiber, they are especially hygienic and do not cause allergy.
Reaktiv Modular Dynamic Bracing
Resolve hard to treat foot and ankle conditions.
What is a Reaktiv Brace?
ReAktiv Braces built with PDE are the leading edge custom composite GAFO/ Hybrid Prosthesis Orthosis built with the PDE™ modular spring system and Click Medical Revo Fit Closure System®.
Originally designed to partially offload the foot and ankle to relieve pressure and pain addressing complex lower limb injuries and other indications that result in patient pain. ReAktiv braces differ from other competing braces on the market, first and foremost by providing a modular easily changeable spring system that can be tuned and swapped to meet patients' specific needs in their daily life or as their conditions change.
ReAktiv braces are custom manufactured to your patient's unique anatomy using lightweight carbon composite materials which aid in absorbing impact forces at heel strike, store energy throughout stance and release that energy at toe-off. These features aid to normalize gait and reduce or remove pain in many instances.
Click Medical Revo Fit technology secures the device in a fixed position at the cuff and allows daily adjustments by the patient in a way that is substantially more secure and effective than a simple Velcro strap.
Reaktiv Braces help patients regain their freedom, achieve personal and professional goals, return to active lifestyles & most importantly reduce or end their pain.
Built with PDE™
The PDE ( posterior dynamic element ) is a modular spring system that takes the guesswork out of building dynamic carbon braces.
The Most Comfortable Brace Available
The Click Medical Revo Fit Boa Closure System on the cuff offers secure, quick donning. Unlocking the dial opens the cuff to allow the patient to enter the device. Inside there is a flexible liner that eliminates any pinch issues. To secure the brace, all you do is close the dial down and turn it until the cuff snugs. At any time the patient wants to relieve pressure on the cuff, a quick pull of the dial loosens the cuff to allow for comfort.
We made it simple!
Fabricating Reaktiv braces involves industry standard methods used for composite brace fabricaton. If your provider is versed in fabricating laminated prosthetics or orthotic devices, then they can make a Reaktive Brace.
How do I get Reaktiv?
You can have your Auckland O&P specialist build the custom composite bracing in-house for you!
- Modular design
- 9 weight / activity spring choices
- Contoured fit spring
- Low profile
- Exclusive Click Medical cuff system
- Post alignable
- Clinically proven results
- Patent pending
What Reaktiv delivers:
- Walk with greater fluency and stability
- Participate in higher level activities such as running
- Change the spring stiffness / rebound to alter walking mechanics
- Swap the PDE spring stiffness / rebound depending on the activity that they are doing
- Change the ankle alignment of the device depending on the activity that they are doing
- Adjust the ankle alignment of the device depending on the heel height of the shoe that the patient is wearing
- Change the fit of the upper cuff on demand
Who can Reaktiv help ? ( Indications )
- Talus fractures
- Tibial fractures
- Calcaneal fractures
- Posterior tibial nerve injuries
- Peroneal nerve injuries
- Soft tissue injury or loss
- Partial foot amputations
- Nerve/muscle loss below knee
- Dorsiflexion and/or plantarflexion deficit or loss of
- Charcot Marie Tooth disease
- Weak dorsiflexion
- Peroneal palsy
- Complex fractures
- Achilles Tendon treatment
- Patients that desire to run or return to recreational sports
- Chronic untreatable foot or ankle pain
- Prevent drop foot
- Prevent falling
- Stabilize gait
- Reduce foot contractures
- Improve ambulation through energy return
- Improve quality of life
- Decrease pain/increase ambulation time (or activity level)